Cuz, everything in moderation!!!
I know, I know! I’m the health nut who posts about clean eating, exercise, and self-care, but it’s the holidays-So I wanted to share my all time favorite cookie recipe! I’m not a sweet eater, and not even a fan of cookies, but these are a game changer; not overly sweet, the perfect texture, and so so yummy. I strongly believe that when indulging on something, it should be absolutely yummy and worth the calories-and these whipped shortbread cookies are so WORTH IT! I strongly recommend making these in small batches-because it’s a bit hard to stop eating them once you start, lol! These are a hit at parties, and taste wonderful with coffee! If you’d like to make a “healthier” version, you can easily substitute almond flour for the flour to lower the carbs and add a punch of protein-as well as a slightly nutty flavor. Either way, they are super easy, and super delicious. Enjoy and share! And don’t forget-when the holidays are over and you’re interested in fine tuning those health, wellness, and fitness goals, be sure to stay connected with me and consider a little nutrition, fitness, and wellness coaching to get you to those goals! Also, if you’re looking for tips and tricks to keep you motivated through the holiday season, grab a copy of my Health Holiday Survival Guide here!
Whipped Shortbread Cookies
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 50 min. Bake: 20 minutes
MAKES: 100 servings
- 3 cups butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups cornstarch
- Colored decor of your choice
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners’ sugar until light and fluffy. Slowly add flour and cornstarch, beating until well blended.
- Dust hands with additional cornstarch, roll dough into 1-in. balls. Place 1 in. apart on un-greased baking sheets or on parchment paper. Press lightly with a fork dipped in cornstarch. Top with your choice of cookie decor.
- Bake at 300° for 20-22 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned (these cookies will stay very light). Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
2 each: 80 calories 5g fat (3g saturated fat) 8g carbs 1g protein